Working with us at XP Trust
Could you be part of our Crew?
There are 3 Key Themes at the heart of everything we do across XP Trust
Our ethos, our character and our values.
We don’t just speak about compassion – we live it!
We have Crew* at the heart of everything we do. We are Crew!
Every student and member of staff across the Trust is aiming to be the best version of themselves. We look at the whole person, we want to work with you on your journey – whether you’re already a great teacher or want to be one.
We want to hear about what you love beyond your core discipline. Our cross curricular learning expeditions are at the heart of our school life and need a wide knowledge base, enthusiastically shared and taught, to make beautiful work.
A little more to think about:
- On our way to becoming one of the best schools in the world, we know our teams need to be unbelievably good. Continuous professional and personal development is key, always high quality and diverse, whether in school or out. For example, two of our staff members found themselves working alongside coaches at The National Theatre in London for two days!
- Our Induction is as long as it’s legendary – from June to September. From Outward Bound to experiencing how our students learn. With character growth and challenging experiences.
“I have never worked so hard and enjoyed my work as much, as I have at XP”
Kerry Poncia, Teacher XP East
We welcome applications, to work at XP Trust, at any time. We don’t want to miss the opportunity of working with someone who will make a difference and who we can help
to do that.
*Please watch ‘We are Crew’ the videos – links below.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
- Visit our school. We need to ensure applicants understand the way we deliver our curriculum and our culture of working hard, getting smart and being kind. Applications submitted without a prior visit will not be considered. To arrange a visit, please contact the school. Learning Coaches do not need to visit prior to applying.
- Complete an application form. This should be sent, alongside the supporting letter detailed in the application form, to email@example.com
- Attend an interview. Your application will be reviewed, and if deemed appropriate, you will be invited to interview.
If successful at interview, you will be contacted and roles and start dates discussed.
Application forms and documentation
Get to know us well
We want XP Trust to be the best schools in the world. It will only become this if our teachers are unbelievably good. Therefore our whole school is based around continuing professional and personal development and our staff induction process is legendary.For new staff, our induction programme commences in June for a September start. New staff experience the school by becoming learners. We go outward bound to connect character growth with challenging shared experiences. We do an expedition 'slice' to experience first-hand how our students learn. We unpack these experiences and deliver an educator-led conference, where we share what kind of educator we will be at XP with our peers.Through this, you will become a better person, and well prepared to teach at XP.It's hard work teaching at XP, but it's good work.
For us to understand what you can offer us, we feel that you might need to understand us a bit more. We have spent hours, days, months and years putting together our vision for XP and we can’t expect our applicants to have done the same, but we can expect some research and understanding, and an idea of how you think you can fit into this vision.
If you’re thinking of applying to XP, to be part of an amazing team, pioneering expeditionary learning in the UK, please consider reading, watching and listening to these following things:
Everything on our website...
- Leaders of their own learning
- An Ethic of Excellence
- EL Core Practices
- Studio Thinking
- Why Fly That Way ?
- Management in the active classroom
These videos could change your life...
This book definitely will...
These are all of our current vacancies. If this list is empty, please see the information about our rolling recruitment in the 'Recruitment Process' section and register your interest using the form.
- Cleaner XP School / XP East
Job Title: Cleaner
Grade of Post: National Living Wage
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (term time only) 2:30am to 7:00am plus 10 days during school holidays
Responsible to: Trust Premises Officer and Head of School
Purpose of the Job:
To provide a high standard of cleaning throughout their work.
Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, toilet cleaning, desk cleaning, etc
Replenishing toilet rolls and soaps when necessary
Cleaning internal windows and doors
Emptying waste bins and taking rubbish to the bin store
Operating floor cleaning machinery after training
Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
Notifying management of any repairs and maintenance issues
Following all health and safety regulations
Tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request
Work well in a small team
Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
Attend relevant meeting and participate in training and other professional development activities
Any other items requested by the Trust Premises Officer or Head of School
To apply for this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org