Could you work in an amazing school like Carcroft?
Could you work with amazing children and talented staff to produce this quality?
Carcroft School are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and dedicated Higher Level Teaching Assistant to provide leadership cover across our fantastic school. This role will be varied and exciting, with opportunities and challenges to develop your skills and experience in providing high quality learning experiences.
- Are you keen to have a positive impact upon the lives of children?
- Do you believe that every child deserves the opportunity to become the very best versions of themselves?
- Do you have a sense of humour and enjoy contributing to a hardworking and committed team?
- Do you want to support the development of our children’s character as well as encourage their production of beautiful work as well as their academic performance?
- Are you ambitious and want to excel in a role with opportunities for future progression?
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics (or functional skills), English and Science.
- Experience of working in a school setting.
- Willingness to achieve the Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualification (if not already achieved)
- Level 3 Qualification (or working towards) in Childcare or an equivalent aptitude in:
- good communication skills;
- patience and understanding;
- the ability to react clearly and quickly to the child’s needs.
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification (or equivalent).
- Experience in role as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or in whole class teaching responsibilities
The Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) role is a challenging and rewarding one. Applicants must have strong communication skills and the ability to overcome barriers with children in order to meet the demands of the role. HLTAs have responsibility for whole class teaching under the direction of the class teacher. This particular role will involve leadership cover across school, working with children in EYFS, KS1 and KS2. As such, the opportunity for professional development and career progression is significant.
Carcroft School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service .
Working with the XP Trust
Our Design Principles
‘At XP, we build our community through…
- and Equity…
sharing our stories as we go.’
These design principles are the basis for all our work. We focus on enabling our children to create beautiful work that creates agency and has a positive impact on the world; we encourage leadership in our children by facilitating the ownership of their own learning; and we have an unabated insistence on equity to ensure that we remove any barriers that inhibit student growth and success.
Therefore, at XP Trust we focus relentlessly on high quality work and character growth. As a result, our school culture is value driven. Therefore, we expect our children, staff and parents to be courageous, respectful, committed to craftsmanship and quality, compassionate and to always show integrity. We provide an authentically tough and rewarding education for everyone, and we believe this is best achieved through not segregating our children by any measure, such as social class or academic ability.
We believe a person is judged by their character and the quality of work they produce. Our school focuses continuously on these two crucial areas of development. Our children express who they are by personalising their work, and are given time to produce beautiful and meaningful work by following a process of multiple drafts and critique, working towards creating products which are indistinguishable from professionals. Every day, our children develop their habits of work and learning by working hard, getting smart and being kind.
At XP Trust, we believe that all our children have the right to become the best that they can be.
Visits to the School are encouraged – please contact the School for more information.
Carcroft School: [email protected] or 01302 722353
Position: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 1st December, 12pm
Potential Interview Dates: Monday 6th December
Pay Scale: Grade 6 (Point 7-11)
Start Date: 4th January 2022
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent (Term time, plus 5 days)
Send your application or any questions you may have to [email protected]